Campus Housing (lower cost)
We have arranged to have very affordable accommodations available ($134 per person – 3 nights) through Tulane University. Attendees will be housed at the Willow Residences (http://tulane.edu/studentaffairs/housing/under/willow-residences.cfm). To take advantage of this great rate, please reserve your space when registering for the conference. Upon confirmation, please provide your suite mate requests and preferences (link) so that we can match you with a compatible attendee (or requested friends).
Please note: Housing Rates are per person, not per room. All guests must be registered and pay the housing fee in order to be allowed access.
- Suites consist of two private rooms joined by a shared bathroom.
- There is a common area on each floor that guests are welcome to use. It has a TV, sofas and a large table.
- The Willow is co-ed but the suites are gendered, so males with males and so on, unless specifically requested (husband/wife pairing for example)
- Amenities: There is a micro-fridge in each room – small fridge/freezer combo attached to a microwave, WiFi throughout the campus and free laundry services (laundry detergent is not available – We recommend simply grabbing a single load pack at the grocery store and throwing that in your suitcase – just in case as an option). Guests also have access to the recreation center where they will find elliptical trainers, treadmills, stationary bikes, as well as walking track, weight room, two pools and racquetball courts.
- Check in / keys: Guests will be able to check in starting at noon and they will check in at the Willow Conference desk, there will be signage pointing them in the right direction. They will pick up their temporary card and their key for the room (Please note: There is a lost key cost of $100 – Loaner keys are available if needed. Guests will be billed at check out for lost keys).
- Parking passes are available (see below) – Passes can be picked up at the front desk at check in. Please have your plate information available when requesting passes.
- Rules and additional information – We ask that guests respect the building and other on-campus facilities. There are no formal rules for guests regarding alcohol (underage drinking in the halls, however, is not encouraged). Guests are welcome to have food delivered or to go and buy quick snacks for themselves and keep in the room.
Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts
Tulane has negotiated rates with many hotels in the area.
- Options for Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts can be found here: https://tulane.edu/universityservices/hotels_.cfm
Travel / Housing Assistance
- Limited funding may be available for IEEE Students/Members – Visit the registration page for more details
Each year, Tulane University hosts thousands of visitors on its uptown campus for sporting events, concerts, recreational activities and seminars. All vehicles parked on the uptown campus between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, are required to display a University Parking Permit or park in a metered parking place.
As a conference guest, Tulane can provide you with a University Parking Permit during your stay on campus. For additional parking information call their reception desk at (504) 862-3949.
Dress Code: business casual
We request that our attendees dress in a professional manner, but we would like you to be comfortable as well (it will be hot). As a rule of thumb, clothing that works well for the beach, yard work, dance clubs, exercise sessions, and sports contests is not appropriate for a professional appearance at work. Some examples of items that would be considered inappropriate are: skorts, sun dresses, beach dresses, spaghetti-strap dresses, flip-flops, shorts, halter or midriff baring tops, baseball caps, ripped/worn t-shirts, ripped/worn/decorated jeans, shirts with inappropriate slogans, muscle shirts, sweatpants, sweatshirts, leggings, and any spandex or other form-fitting pants such as people wear for biking. etc.