Chandrakant Patel, HP Chief Engineer and Senior Fellow
Chandrakant is currently the Chief Engineer and Senior Fellow of HP Inc.
Chandrakant has led HP Labs in delivering innovations in chips, systems, data centers, storage, networking, print engines and software platforms. He is a pioneer in thermal and energy management in data centers, and in application of the information technology to drive available energy management at city scales.
Chandrakant is an ASME and an IEEE Fellow, and has been granted 148 patents and published more than 150 papers. An advocate of return to fundamentals, he has served as an adjunct faculty in engineering at Chabot College, U.C. Berkeley Extension, San Jose State University and Santa Clara University.
In 2014, Chandrakant was elected to the Silicon Valley Engineering Hall of Fame.
Chan Wong, Senior Engineer, Entergy and IEEE Region 5 Young Professional Coordinator 2016 (Host)
Chan Wong is a Senior Engineer at the Entergy Transmission engineering in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is one of the innovative and energetic power industry’s young leaders where he led a team of young engineers to implement the World First IEC 61850 pilot multivendor process bus in a substation. In 2017, he will be co-organizing the First North America Utility Communication Architecture (UCA) InterOPerability event at New Orleans to prove interoperability of IEC 61850 standard.
Chan received his Ph.D degree in Automotive Engineering from Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CUICAR) focusing in automation, instrumentation, precision engineering and control theory. Chan currently serve on the Entergy Technology Council and Tulane University Board of Advisor for the Physic and Engineering Physics Department.
In his spare time, Chan enjoys spending time with family- wife Cat Wong (New Orleans IEEE Section Chair and IEEE Region 5 PES Coordinator) and his two young future IEEE children: 4 years old Ethan and 2 years old Amelia.
Aside his strong passion in his career and family, he is very engaging in professional organizations:
- IEEE Region 5 Young Professional Coordinator 2016
– IEEE Region 5 Outstanding Young Professional Award 2015 recipient
- Co-chair of the IEEE 1588 Power Conformity Assessment Steering Committee
- USA representative for International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) TC 57
– Chair of the IEC TC 57 IEC 61850 Process bus taskforce
- USA representative of Council on Large Electric Systems (CIGRE) A3.31
- Active members of IEEE Power System Relaying Committee (PSRC)
- IEEE PES Chair in New Orleans 2014 and 2015
– 2015 Outstanding Performance Chapter Award recipient
– 2015 First Runner High Performance Chapter Award recipient