FLF ’18 Featured Session
Leadership development is a lifelong journey and the call to lead may happen at any time. Preparing yourself for that challenge takes courage and discipline. Learning to lead must be a high priority. As an engineer, I know that leadership it is not an easy or natural behavior for many of us. There is no one right answer. However, there is a simple and elegant model to guide your development. This session will explore:
- The difference between Management and Leadership
- The basic “leadership fundamentals”
- The “First and Second Laws” of Leadership
- The Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders:
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
- Measuring your leadership effectiveness using the LPI360 assessment and using the data to create your own personal development action plan.
Activities will be included allowing participants to experience these leadership practices.
Start your own personal leadership journey with Steve Skarke at this year’s IEEE-USA Future Leaders Forum, 26-28 July 2018 in Austin, TX.